Wednesday 16 October 2013

"You cannot lose if you do not play." - Marla Daniels, the wire.





Maybe you are afraid of losing that is a justifiable reason not to play or participate in self determined action to help yourself.  Wait a minute may be if I participate and become an entrepreneur I might alleviate some of my poverty and activate my skills and in the process meet people and cause a chain reaction to success.

My friend phoned me again; today he said I got a contract for you. Can you get a dog or know someone with a dog as you had before?  Well I know the requirements to have a working security dog; the main ones are a keeper’s licence, a transportation licence and insurance in case the dog bites anyone. There are numerous lessons to be learned here but the main one is not to let anyone rush you. You do not know where you might end up or with what type of animal. Yet still, it was a brilliant thought and a great opportunity and one of the many projects that I will be working on in my portfolio of entrepreneurial activities. However, I am fully at play here, I have engaged my mind and broadened my horizon; I have to do a full updated research of “man/woman and guard dog”.

Never dismiss anyone or possible opportunity for work if it gives you a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship. It is one of the key competences for lifelong learning, helping people in their daily lives, in the work place; it serves as a basis for establishing a social or a commercial activity. Awareness should be raised about the entrepreneurial potential of thought, action and projects.  It is important to underline that entrepreneurial skills also help people adapt to other non-entrepreneurial careers.


In my case a warm fuzzy feeling was felt at the thought of a working K9, working to its full capacity with boundless energy, just waiting for my commands.  Yes a dog, taken care of, groomed, fed, exercised, trained and legally transported in an air conditioned vehicle. How happy he would be when it’s time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment