Thursday 3 October 2013

Monday through to Friday


Monday through to Friday I work my ass off, in between real entrepreneurial work. I feel good I know it is only minimal wage but I am earning, I work on a factory line where I am the only person to speak fluent English, I am not white neither Polish, maybe I am glad to get out of London. The other workers seem to be rough sleepers direct from Poland. They do not speak to me they just smell a bit and point and I complete the task requested of me. For eight hours I had an easy job relatively speaking. I had to shout a number in English written on a sticky label Like “5”, then the other man collated five printed matter booklets together, I stick on the label and they were strapped  by the machine, another worker grabbed this  and stacked it on a pallet. This went on all night me shouting out the numbers until my voice was hoarse  “25”, was a good number , because that placed the emphases on the man collating, without too much fumbling. Sometimes he would swear in Polish. It is not uncommon for me to start at 9pm and finish at 6.00am, so come the weekend I’m in chill out mode. I wrote this late last night straight after a shift whilst I was drinking Ovaltine.
Money Matters.

This is about the money. Money is a decent measuring stick. When people say “it’s not about the money” they should make sure they have a different measuring stick.
“What about just doing what you love?” There will be many days when you don’t love what you are doing. If you are doing it just for love then it will take much longer to become successful.
Sorry life coaches, that’s true. Happiness is just a positive perception from our brain. Some days you will be unhappy, geez. Some seeing your lifestyle get better will help though, and until something better comes along we’re stuck with money. Everyone gets scared and worries BUT, Consider the alternative… when you stand still in life, you’ll quickly atrophy dreams, hopes and aspirations. Moving towards the direction of your innermost hopes and desires gives you a sense of self that nothing else comes close to, so grab a sheet of paper, a glass of Shiraz and get innovating! KEEP WORKING UNTIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment