Saturday 2 November 2013

The European Economic Community Recruitment Agency (factory job in the Midlands)


When mishaps occur and everything seems to be going wrong, any time from then things will turn around suddenly and I will rise again. This seems to happen to me the thing is to persevere and keep on going. I can remember in the job centre looking and answer as the assistant’s questions,  in a depressed and mono toned way, and I telling her that things are bad and I am about to be evicted. She quaintly replied that I would need to give her my change of address, soon yah.

 I had an outer of body experience and could see my pathetic form talking to a person who was not in the slightest bit interested in me and my circumstances. She had the set questions to ask and that was final.
I was a “black” and she knew how despicable “blacks” could be. At least with the British we went to the same schools; watched the same television programmes shared the same culture. Racism was one of trying to integrate in a dysfunctional “multicultural entity” called society.

With the Eastern European newly elevated status as “boss” they were “Not understanding me, how you say.......... you want to work no!!! We have plenty work, you work hard..... Good. Not like lazeeee.”

I looked in her eyes and swallowed the bitter bile as it rose in my throat. [A Thought bubble Like steam wafted above my head] showing years of oppression and the fight for equality in Britain. The reverting back to oppressive prejudicial forces, as the Eastern Europeans, brings their version of racism. I am going back to the future and tasting what my parents and their generation had to put up with, only to return to the oppressive forces; A moving back to square one or a new resistance?

This person is interviewing me for a job in Britain is Eastern European? Anything I say or do will be prejudicially judged and used against me and justified by her mentor from some Slavic regime. All I can do is be staring in disbelief, No!!!] She speaks to another client in her accentuated gibberish as she speaks to him i Recognise terms that she omitted to speak to me like SIA licence and CIS card to   work. She asks me. “Have you been a criminal?” No I respond with a straight face, my SIA licence does not permit this. “Oh you have SIA, good she scrutinise this card with such precision, and I swear she must have been a police woman or secret agent somewhere in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment